By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
News as they happen
  • News
  • Canada
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Science
  • World News
  • Isness
Reading: Navy Meets With Families of USS Lincoln Personnel Amid Concerns About Mideast Deployment
Sign In
Font ResizerAa
News as they happenNews as they happen
  • News
  • Canada
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Science
  • World News
  • Isness
  • News
  • Canada
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Science
  • World News
  • Isness
Have an existing account? Sign In
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
navy-meets-with-families-of-uss-lincoln-personnel-amid-concerns-about-mideast-deployment
Navy Meets With Families of USS Lincoln Personnel Amid Concerns About Mideast Deployment

Navy Meets With Families of USS Lincoln Personnel Amid Concerns About Mideast Deployment

Last updated: August 14, 2026 10:48 am
By
Ryan Morgan
3 Min Read
Share
SHARE
Navy Meets With Families of USS Lincoln Personnel Amid Concerns About Mideast Deployment

U.S. Sailors taxi aircraft to a staging point on the flight deck of Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) in support of Operation Epic Fury, on Feb. 28, 2026. U.S. Navy photo

With the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln nearing the nine-month mark of its current deployment, top Navy officials met with the family members of deployed sailors and Marines last week to address the stresses of the ongoing duty in the Middle East.

The aircraft carrier deployed from San Diego on Nov. 21, 2025, and has been operating in the waters of the Middle East since January.

Since Feb. 28, the Abraham Lincoln has assisted in combat operations against Iran.

In that time, U.S. forces have carried out thousands of strikes, fended off Iranian missile and drone attacks, and enforced a blockade of trade in and out of Iran.

In an emailed statement, the Navy confirmed that acting Navy Secretary Hung Cao and other senior leaders met with families of the deployed sailors and Marines on Aug. 6 “to hear their concerns directly, answer questions, and provide updates on the deployment.”

Since the Aug. 6 meeting, media reports have indicated that some family members raised concerns that their loved ones have expressed increased suicidal thoughts and even some attempts as the deployment has worn on.

The Epoch Times has not independently corroborated these accounts.

“The health and well-being of every sailor aboard Abraham Lincoln is a priority,” the Navy told The Epoch Times.

“Based on information available to the command, we have not identified an increase in reported suicidal ideation or suicide attempts aboard the ship.”

In its statement, the Navy acknowledged the conflict with Iran has disrupted traditional supply hubs in the region.

“In response, leadership prioritized mission-critical supplies: first food, then hygiene items, then mail,” the Navy said.

“Current reports from the ship confirm continuous access to clean water, functional AC, and healthy meal options.”

The Navy also said it has a network of support options aboard the aircraft carrier, including medical personnel, deployment-resilience counselors, and chaplains.

The aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford returned to its homeport at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia, in May.

The Gerald R. Ford’s 326-day deployment set a post-Vietnam War record, surpassing the 295-day record the Abraham Lincoln set in 2020.

During its last deployment, the Gerald R. Ford’s crew supported military operations in the Caribbean and the raid to capture Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro, as well as the strikes on Iran.

The Gerald R. Ford concluded its record-setting deployment two months after a fire broke out aboard the vessel.

That fire sidelined the carrier for several weeks at the height of combat operations with Iran.

Canada’s Financial Risks Rising as Housing, Debt Pressures Build: Banking Regulator
Carney Visits Calgary Stampede, Meets First Nations Leaders
Hyundai Recalls 96,310 Vehicles in US
Quebec Couple Found Dead While Vacationing in Dominican Republic
The Ansar Brothers
TAGGED:Iran WarMiddle EastNational SecurityUSUS NewsWorld News
Share This Article
Facebook Email Copy Link Print
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    5 + 6 =

    You Might Also Like

    intel-to-repurchase-apollo-stake-in-ireland-factory-for-$14.2-billion
    BusinessCompaniesMedia & Big TechUncategorizedUS

    Intel to Repurchase Apollo Stake in Ireland Factory for $14.2 billion

    By
    Dylan Morgan
    1 Min Read
    blinds,-vitamins-recalled-due-to-safety-risks
    CanadaFeatured Canadian NewsTop Canadian NewsUncategorizedWorld News

    Blinds, Vitamins Recalled Due to Safety Risks

    By
    Jennifer Cowan
    1 Min Read
    spacex-carries-spy-satellite-into-orbit
    National SecurityScienceScience NewsSpaceUncategorizedUS

    SpaceX Carries Spy Satellite into Orbit

    By
    T.J. Muscaro
    3 Min Read
    News as they happen

    We influence thousands of users and are the number one business and technology news network on the planet. Newsguard delivers everything you need to know to live your best life, best tech trend, traveling passion and more…

    Categories

    • The Escapist
    • Entertainment
    • Bussiness

    Quick Links

    • Advertise with us
    • Newsletters
    • Complaint
    • Deal

    @Newsguard – Codeus Design. All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Username or Email Address
    Password

    Lost your password?